Chana Kraus-Friedberg is the liaison librarian for the Masters in Public Health program and the Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, and she works with medical residents through CHM and COM as well. Prior to beginning work at MSU in 2017, she worked at various times as an archaeologist, academic writing instructor, GED instructor, and instructional designer. Students are encouraged to contact her for help with library resources, citation management, or searching for/identifying relevant literature for research.
Master of Science, Library Science, 2017
University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC
Doctor of Philosophy, Archaeology, 2008
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
Bachelor of Arts, Anthropology, 2001
CUNY Baccalaureate, New York, NY
- Health sciences librarianship
- Literature searching in social/health sciences
- Academic writing
- Instructional design
Currently involved in researching the pedagogy of science, health, and information literacy.
Recent Publications, Presentations (2010 to present):
- Kraus-Friedberg, C. (2018) Review of the database Health Policy Reference Center. Charleston Advisor 19(3): 20-22.
- Kraus-Friedberg, C. and E. Marcyk. (March 2018). Balanced Skepticism: Teaching Source Evaluation in a Time of Uncertainty. 2018 Annual Meeting of the Michigan Academy of Science, Arts, and Letters, Mt. Pleasant, MI.
- Marcyk, E. and C. Kraus-Friedberg. (May 2018). Beyond the Checklist: Creating Sustainable Evaluation Practices. 2018 Annual Meeting of the Michigan Academic Library Association, Lansing, MI.