Congratulations on your acceptance to the Michigan State University (MSU) Master of Public (MPH) degree program! We are pleased that you have chosen to attend the MSU MPH and hope this information will help make your transition to graduate school smooth. Our MPH degree is designed to challenge you, as you prepare to enter the ever-changing field of public health.
Before you enroll in you first course(s), please take the time to do the following:
- Before you can enroll in classes you must first receive your admissions letter from Michigan State University Office of Admissions. This letter will contain your Personal Identification Number (PID) and Personal Access Number (PAN), which allow you access to MSU resources.
- Your next step is to activate your MSU NetID. Please go to the following web address and follow the directions - https://netid.msu.edu/.
- All MSU students receive an MSU e-mail account. This account is used for all correspondence pertaining to university business and the MPH program.
- Login to your StuInfo portal and familiarize yourself with the tools and resources provided. This is where you will start the process to enroll in classes, pay your bill, confirm your attendance, change an address, and view your account.
- To view all semester deadlines, including course start and end dates, enrollment deadlines, tuition bill availability, graduation application deadlines, etc., access the MSU Academic Calendar from StuInfo, the MSU Home Page, or visit Office of the Registrar page. Choose the appropriate academic year and semester.
As a new student to our MPH degree program, you will automatically be subscribed to the student listserv. Through our program listserv, new and returning students will receive the most current information about MSU MPH program events and news, job-related opportunities, internships, health-related seminars, upcoming events, fellowships, and other items of interest. We also encourage you to “like” us via our Facebook page – MSUPublicHealth and our Twitter feed @MSUPubHealth
All new students are required to sign and submit a Student Responsibility Agreement in the MPH New Student Orientation through D2L.
For complete, more in-depth instructions, please view our flyer for new admits. You will find a new student checklist, along with in-depth descriptions of each step.
Photo: The first page of the new admit flyer. Accessible version can be found by clicking here: New Admit Flyer.