Flint community and families are invited to the Hope Starts Here virtual resource summit on Thursday, February 25, 2021, from 4 p.m. - 6 p.m. Learn about resources and services available to help meet the needs of families striving to make ends meet.
The MSU-Hurley Children's Hospital Pediatric Public Health Initiative (PPHI), a Flint community local partner, is hosting the event.
The resource summit features partnering organizations dedicated to the health and well-being of women, men, and children living throughout the Flint community.
Resources and Services Include:
- MSU-Hurley Children's Hospital Pediatric Public Health Initiative: Learning opportunities for free kid and family programs such as double up food bucks, imagination library, and Flint Kids Cook.
- Flint Registry: Extending community support and helping families get connected to additional resources and services. Learn more about Registry pre-enrollment and enrollment.
- Catholic Charities: Giving hope through help with rental assistance (CERA), utilities, housing needs, community closet (warm clothing, household items, personal need items), warming Center, substance abuse, mental health services, and more.
- Genesee Health System (GHS): Needing to talk?Gain access to 24/7 behavioral health urgent care, crisis stabilization program for kids, and mobile mental health unit.
- Mott Workforce Development: Impacting lives through training and employment opportunities.
- Flint Women's Study Community Action Network: Being a bridge by providing socio-emotional health for women, men, and children through monthly support meetings.
- Legal Services of Eastern Michigan (LSEM): Serving the Flint community as a trusted partner by providing legal assistance in civil matters (non-criminal) to eligible persons across 14 counties.
- Greater Flint Health Coalition: Supporting families through programs related to medical home connections, health care coverage, health care job training, community resources addressing the social determinants of health, and health and wellness.
Hope Starts Here: Flint Community Resource Summit
DATE: Thursday, February 25, 2021
TIME: 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
RSVP: Register online here or call 810-600-9182
Download and share the event flyer.