Advancing Public Health Practice across the globe by providing a quality, online curriculum to advance public health and the well-being of global and local communities.
The MSU MPH program is committed to increasing the capacity of the public health workforce by providing practice-infused, online instruction that integrates current public health issues. We emphasize public health practice, leadership, and community partnership.
- Innovation and academic excellence: A commitment to continual improvement through ongoing, critical evaluation of our program, regular assessment of student needs, and the development of a responsive and quality online curriculum.
- Leadership development: A responsibility to develop public health leaders who will enact change and promote health and well-being by providing training in versatile leadership skills.
- Health equity and diversity: A dedication to respect human differences and advance health equity by valuing all people equally and explicating the underlying social determinants of health.
- Community partnership: A promise to partner with communities to identify relevant health issues and create public health practitioners armed with skills for improving community health.
- Global impact: A commitment to provide our students the opportunity to translate and disseminate public health skills and knowledge into evidence-based practice, policy making, and advocacy locally and globally.
- Provide a quality online curriculum grounded in real-world experiences that integrates current public health research and evidence-based practice.
- Recruit and retain a diverse student body qualified to serve Greater Flint, Michigan, and communities throughout the nation and across the globe.
- Enhance the public health knowledge base through nationally recognized scholarship and research.
- Expand community and professional service opportunities for MPH students and faculty impacting the university, Greater Flint, other Michigan communities, national and community organizations across the globe.
Public Health Practice
- Advance public health practice in Greater Flint and other Michigan communities in collaboration with institutions, organizations, and communities.
- Solidify the reach of the MPH program by maintaining a professional network.