Advancing Public Health Practice across the globe by providing a cutting-edge, online curriculum to advance public health and the well-being of global and local communities.
The MSU MPH program is committed to increasing the capacity of the public health workforce by providing practice-infused, online instruction that integrates current public health issues. We emphasize public health practice, leadership, and community partnership.
- Innovation and academic excellence: A commitment to continual improvement through ongoing, critical evaluation of our program, regular assessment of student needs, and the development of a responsive and cutting-edge online curriculum.
- Leadership development: A responsibility to develop public health leaders who will enact change and promote health and well-being by providing training in versatile leadership skills.
- Health equity and diversity: A dedication to respect human differences and advance health equity by valuing all people equally and explicating the underlying social determinants of health.
- Community partnership: A promise to partner with communities to identify relevant health issues and create public health practitioners armed with skills for improving community health.
- Global impact: A commitment to provide our students the opportunity to translate and disseminate public health skills and knowledge into evidence-based practice, policy making, and advocacy locally and globally.
- Provide outstanding academic programs grounded in critical thinking, requiring purposeful judgment and decision-making.
- To provide students with a rigorous public health education and applied experiences that integrate public health foundational knowledge and practice.
Practice, Service & Research
- Provide an enriching environment for students by supporting service-learning opportunities within their local communities and with faculty
Faculty & Students
- Recruit and retain well-qualified, diverse students who are capable and prepared to successfully navigate the program.
- Strengthen faculty impact by providing faculty with the means to pursue ongoing professional development opportunities.
- Solidify the expansive reach of the MPH program by maintaining an alumni network and expanding our network of partners globally.
- Continuously advance MPH program instruction, service, and operations through ongoing assessment and quality improvement processes.